socialistnurse replied to your post:What is your opinion on Catholic Liberals? i.e. People who are pro-choice and pro-gay marriage on not only legal standing, but theological as well?
Just to be clear, abortion can be justifiable, and pro-choicers are not pro-abortion. And gay marriage is beautiful :)
1. Abortion is the direct killing of an innocent person. It is not justifiable.
2. Pro-abortion advocates are pro-continued legalization of abortion, just as pro-slavery advocates back in the day were pro-continued legalization of slavery. We did not call them pro-choice then, and if prochoicers think abortion is a legitimate ‘choice’ for women, I don’t see why they have a problem being labeled by it now. So yes, prochoice is proabortion.
3. Gay marriage is an oxymoron since marriage is by its nature between a man and a woman.
Yeah, but no. Abortion involves fetuses and GUESS WHAT. FETUSES AREN’T PEOPLE. Are they human? Yes. Are they alive? Somewhat. But guess what else? So is your fucking skin! Those poor little cells I exfoliate every morning are just as human and alive as a fetus. So no, abortion does not kill an innocent person because there is no person involved except the person with the uterus.
Secondly, not only are you misinformed, but you’re also a fucking racist. Quit that shit out.
Last, marriage is between 2 consenting adults. Who cares if they’re male*, female* or whatever* except bigots and jerk-offs.
1. A skin cell isn’t its own being. It is a part of a being. A fetus is an individual separate from, though dependent on the mother. Therefore, the comparison is faulty.
2. An ad hominem attack is not an argument.
3. You’re absolutely right. Marriage is between two consenting adults, who, among other things, must have the ability to consummate the marriage in a sexual act which is open to procreation. A same-sex couple would fail to meet this requirement.
Still doesn’t make it a person. It doesn’t need to show it’s passport while crossing international boarders, it doesn’t have to show ID, it doesn’t have to abide by laws and regulations, its not a person. People have rights and laws to live by. Fetuses don’t.
Still doesn’t make you any less of a racist. By comparing abortion to slavery, you are erasing POC struggles and history by comparing them to non sentient blobs of tissue.
So you’re saying that without procreation, marriages are invalid? Please tell that to all the infertile, disabled, and post menopausal/elderly couples you see. And let me know how that goes for you. Also, just because people have the same gender, doesn’t mean they can’t biologically near children. Not all men have penises and not all women have vaginas.
- animatedbylove reblogged this from moochiethinks and added:
- vampishly likes this
- letusbeglorifyedbyhisname likes this
- life-gift-love-eternal likes this
- senatorsfirstlady likes this
- findingmyreigninglory likes this
- ashnava likes this
- stephlovesadub likes this
- ladydreamspeed likes this
- theloveoftheprivilegedlife reblogged this from theangrycunt and added:
- captorvating-ass reblogged this from hollabackarie
- hollabackarie reblogged this from glitter-femin1sts
- modernlies likes this
- hydri likes this
- manicpixiebasednonbinary reblogged this from glitter-femin1sts
- catbuscrossing likes this
- the-fangirl-curse likes this
- josephramos likes this
- wordstosecondguess likes this
- sentinel130 likes this
- elo-quium likes this
- danibeth90 likes this
- worthfacinganyfear likes this